8 Signs that you need to call professional duct cleaning services
Not many homeowners care about ductwork maintenance unless there is a serious problem. We rely on HVAC systems extensively for maintaining indoor temperature, but it’s easy to forget about air ducts that are not in plain sight. HVAC maintenance should include professional duct cleaning, and if you are wondering whether you need to call the experts, here are the signs to watch for.
- The grills look dusty and dirty. The HVAC system pumps hot or cool air into the room through the grills. If you find that these grills are dusty or look unclean, you should get things checked by a professional.
- You have spotted mold. If you have mold in your air ducts, you could find spores in various parts of the house. Mold can trigger allergies and respiratory issues, and it’s best to rely on an HVAC technician for an inspection.
- Your family members & pets are suffering from frequent allergies. Dirty air ducts can be extremely dangerous for kids, the elderly, and other animals. If you find that allergies are getting worse, don’t delay seeking professional help.
- Your energy bills are unusually high. If the ductwork is unclean, the HVAC systems would have to work harder to cool or heat the house, and that can add to your energy bills. Before you consider replacing HVAC systems, get the air ducts cleaned.
- You have seen a difference in air circulation. The HVAC system is responsible for circulating hot and cool air throughout the house through the ductwork. If the ducts are full of debris, pet dander, or other contaminants, you may find that the airflow is not strong enough.
- You have insect or rodent infestation. Insects can make their way into air ducts, and rodents are worse. If you have a case of infestation or have heard unusual sounds from the ducts, call a professional immediately.
- You haven’t got your air ducts clean in a year. Ideally, you should call an expert technician to check your ducts every year, and if you haven’t done that lately, you may want an inspection at the earliest.
- You have an unusual odor in the house. Because it’s impossible to see inside the air ducts, you may not realize that the contents inside are causing an unpleasant odor in the house.
Most professional duct cleaning companies offer a free inspection – Call now and get your entire home checked for ductwork issues.